Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Mishmash

We are in Ashland Oregon. This is in southern Oregon very near the California boarder. Half of the RVs in our campground are from California. I will be posting about Ashland soon.

I wanted to update some statistics, tell you an interesting anecdote, and post some pictures of Diva taken with my new camera.

Statistics

66 ..........................days on the road
6503.......................miles driven
470.........................gallons of diesel
1880.......................dollars for fuel
13.8........................average MPG
3 or 4......................minor differences of opinion
0.............................fights

198.........................granola bars
57...........................gallons of diet coke

Well the granola bars and diet coke numbers are estimates. I think I guessed low.



A Telling Story

Debbie was looking at a real paper map. She was frustrated by the very small print and so, naturally, used the pinch and spread maneuver. Three times before she realized you couldn't do it on paper!
This picture is a re-creation.

We are so used to using iPhones, iPads, and other devises that it is
frustrating that the same  techniques don't work on paper

Seen on a Menu

How would you pronounce the name of this shrimp dish?
Very carefully, I hope.



Pictures of Diva

Our campsite at Glenyan RV Park and Campground in Ashland OR.
It is one of the nicest campgrounds we have been to.  Like a state park with full hookups.






We just got some outdoor lights for Diva. They are multicolored small Airstream-like ornaments.


6 comments:

  1. I've been reliving my north Pacific coast vacation of 20 years past vicariously through your photos. Coos Bay was especially a favorite spot for me. I wish you could have seen it with a sunset.

    Hey, that gorgeous silver automobile, yeah, my first thought was "I know it would tow the Bambi!"

    Glad Rosie is having a rip-roaring time on the beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure that silver car can tow your Bambi. You can tow a Bambi with a bicycle, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the pictures! Looks like a gorgeous campground. FYI, the Brits generally pronounce 'that' word as 'Foo-kay' when sober. When not sober...
    I've just fitted a tuning module to my Nissan Navara (Frontier in the US?) and am delighted to be getting 27mpg towing a 17' Airstream 532. But your rig looks a tad larger :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrew,
    That's not how I pronounced Phuket when I first read it. But then I already had a pint.
    I've heard that a tuning module ( or a "chip" as I think they are called here) can increase the MPG. I have a 2007 Chevy 2500 HD diesel and need every bit of it when towing Diva, a 28 foor Safari, with all our worldly possessions up over the Rocky Mountains with occasional 7% grades at 12000 feet altitude. I might look into getting a chip for it once it goes out of warranty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing with your atlas photo! Thanks! Kathy

    ReplyDelete